New-age Data Center Solutions and Mission Critical Equipment at Savitribai Phule Pune University
“Prasa has provided various contemporary data center solutions and energy-efficient mission critical equipment at the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The company with the tender for the entire data center entrusted Prasa to provide cooling, electrical, civil, and security solutions for the data center.”
Highlights of the project
- The data center uses 2 different types of cooling methods for precision and efficiency. The two methods used are Chillers and CRVs.
- The data center solutions used are highly cost effective along with being power efficient.
About the Client
Savitribai Phule Pune University is one of the premier universities in India. It has 46 academic departments, 307 recognized research institutes, and 612 affiliated colleges.
- The company developing data center at the Savitribai Phule Pune University wanted quality data center solutions to meet civil, cooling, electrical, and security needs of the data center.
- The required solutions had to be energy-efficient and cost-effective without compromising on the quality of the technology being offered.
- The data center functioning and smooth working of equipment had to be managed post completion of the project.
The Prasa Solution
- Prasa has bifurcated the solution into 5 parts. Prasa has completed all the civil requirements to house a data center including ceiling, floor, paint, PoP, etc.
- The electrical solutions include power backup equipment including all wiring, UPSs, and DG set.
- The data center security has been taken into account from all aspects including CCTV, fire suppression system, water leakage safety system, rodent repellant system, vesda system, etc.
- The cooling solutions include two different set of solutions to approach the data center cooling from multiple angles and to provide better and energy efficient results. It utilizes CRVs and chillers for server cooling and cold aisle containment.
- Prasa has provided a BMS system to ensure the uninterrupted functioning of the data center at the university.
- Prasa has deployed modern technology solutions in the Savitribai Phule Pune University which is highly efficient and very effective and has been provided at a very reasonable price.
- Multiple cooling solutions in the data center not only make the cooling precise and efficient, but it also provides flexibility.
To view the walkthrough of the Pune University data center site, click here
Prasa is one of India’s leading data center and mission critical infrastructure solutions and services providers. For over 25 years, Prasa has worked with a wide range of customers (which includes growing businesses, global enterprises, and government organizations), by offering quality products and services along with certified professional staff and has thus procured in-depth knowledge of the specific requirements in varied industry verticals. To read more case studies from Prasa, click here.